Version 1.1 - March 1, 2023
Fragnova is the new Creation Operating System (OS) that revolutionizes how User Generated Content (UGC) is created, distributed and monetized.
From a brand new scripting language to a custom blockchain and the interoperability-enabling Traits, Fragnova is supporting the development of tools that facilitate collaboration between studios and creators, capitalizing on the growing UGC industry.
Fragnova is backed by the Fragnova Foundation, a Singapore-based public non-profit organization.
In this paper we introduce concepts about the current state of the game industry, as well as the related challenges that the space presents. We will also shine a light on how blockchain technologies can improve the lives of creators by proposing new methods and opportunities regarding ownership and monetization of assets, co-creation and improved development tools.
Games have been steadily growing as a form of entertainment and, in recent years, they are also becoming an important form of social interaction, especially among Gen Z and Millennials . Many multiplayer games have become social gathering places, as games take time away from other forms of entertainment.
However, large publishers hold too much power over the development process of games, producing unfavourable work conditions for creators and artists . Furthermore, existing virtual worlds are locked in the old technological and commercial paradigm that prevents true innovation. The three main issues we’ve identified are:
- Creators have little to no incentives or ownership over their work
- Current game development lacks interoperability
- Online games are centralized and communities have no say
The future of game development lies in the power of UGC (User Generated Content)  and the establishment of a creator-centric ecosystem that is decentralized and frictionless: the open metaverse.
Unfortunately, the “metaverses” proposed by businesses and brands are being developed behind closed doors, according to their own visions. This leads to closed off platforms that are in complete odds with the openness and interoperability a true metaverse requires.
Instead of building another game or a virtual land platform, Fragnova proposes creating the foundation in which these solutions can become a reality:
- Fully stored on-chain programmable game assets, no weak links
- Immersive and easy to use creation system
- Peer-to-peer server-less living worlds
Don’t give people the world, give them the tools to build it.
Our motto is Create - Preserve - Thrive, and those are the main advantages our community will be able to enjoy by joining the Fragnova platform.
The Fragnova Network chain is set to launch early 2023.
- 1.Westcott, K., Arbanas, J., Downs, K., Arkenberg, C., & Jarvis, D. (2021, April 16). Digital media trends, 15th edition. Deloitte Insights.
- 2.Washington Post (2021. March 24). Why is the games industry so burdened with crunch? It starts with labor laws.
- 3.Joanna Collins, ‘User-Friendly Licensing for a User-Generated World: The Future of the Video-Content Market’ (2012) 15 Vand J Ent & Tech L 407, 409 and Sal Humphreys and others, ‘Fan based production for computer games: User led innovation, the “drift of value” and the negotiation of intellectual property rights’ (2005) 114 Media International Australia incorporating Culture and Policy 16, 19